Wednesday, October 7, 2009

today

Today was filled with moments that made me think "I wish this would never end."
It started with going into the city with Mum and Dad which usually I dread because they are so funny about everything. Well I can tell you that today was different, we drove in and parked - and before I went to meet my assignment group they asked me to have a coffee with them. So we went to Cafenatics which is our usual haunt - and it is something we agree on - it is good coffee and food. Not only that, but the service is good, the staff are understated, you have to build up a relationship with them. None of this I'm your best friend even though you're a first time customer bullshit. You go back time and time again - they warm to you and you warm to them. It reminds me of the relationship you develop with a cat. You work at it, and you're rewarded.
Anyway so we sat there on the stools at the big table and flicked through magazines, had our coffee and shared some sweets and then after I'd finished I left to go meet Oscar and Zoe for our group meeting.
As I walked out, waving goodbye I had the most uplifting feeling wash over me. It was a feeling that made me smile to myself and gave me a spring in my step. It's the kind of start to the day that makes you think "You know what? Everything today is just going to work!".
I'm walking out of QV and onto Swanston Street, and just as I get to the curb - the man turns green to cross and I don't even have to stop. I walk past someone who smiles at me - I smile back and I feel so happy to be able to do everything I can do.
I pass the state library and there are people here and there in little groups chatting, playing music and doing what people do on green grass.
I duck into RMIT, walk up some stares and down a narrow hallway that opens into a bustling hive of people and computers.
I join Oscar and Zoe and we do our thing.

The next few hours consists of us working on our assignments, studying for the test - doing the test and then getting our assignments back and finding we had all passed.
Later on as we were on the tram going down Swanston Street I had another moment. I got off the tram at the corner of Bourke and Swanston Street and walked up a little, and there was a guy playing Moonlight Sonata on a keyboard. It was so beautifully played and the sounds just eminated throughout the street and into my body. The afternoon sun was amazing and I felt that the day could not be any better.

I just love days like this, they go so well - but there are so few of them. Even though this is the way life is, it is for these few beautiful days that I keep going so I can experience the next one, whenever it may be.

1 comment:

  1. I know perfectly what you mean. These days come with greater frequency when spring decides to show up.

    Hope you're well

    ReplyDelete