Thursday, December 18, 2008

Have a tissue bitch

Recently I have decided to implement a half and hour waiting policy for people who decide not to turn up on time and not give any warning.

It has been working well - however recently a certain friend, seems to have become angry at me because I left without telling them.
By the way this is why I walked off - He says "Hey we're having a movie night - I will pick you up at 10 outside QV."
So 10 pm I am there on the corner, in the cold - waiting. I call and the conversation is as follows:

"Hey I'm here just on the corner."
"Okay I'll be there in 5 minutes."

During my 5 minute wait I spiralled down into the decent of emotional eating which looked a little something like this:



30 minute and some food later.
No sms.
No call.

So I just left.
Got on the tram and was well on my way home.

Then at 10:45 I get a call.

"Hey I'm here I can't see you."
"Im on the tram, I'm going home."
"Ah why? Is it because im late"
"Yes. I got sick of standing in the cold"
"Oh I'm really sorry."
"Meh thats okay, enjoy your movie night."

End of conversation!

and possible end of peachy friendship it seems?

So usually we'd been hanging out a few times a week, then after that nothing.
No calls, no msn, no txts - zilch!
Today I call him because we are going to the same party so I asked if he wanted me to buy alcohol for tonight and I can tell you that the conversation was just as awkward as walking in on your parents having sex.
This friend was awfully one worded and very distant with me.
and I'm thinking gee it better not be because after waiting for 30 minutes then leaving - you cracked the shits.
Well if you did then too bad.
But you should have at least sent me a text saying you were going to be late - then I could have waited somewhere warm.
Because it isn't so easy to stop in that area of course I was gonna wait on the corner - especially if you were going to come in 'five minutes'.



Pfft whatever.
I only wait for 30 minutes without people telling me because it empowers me, and of course I want to give people the benefit of the doubt - something may have happened and that is COMPLETELY understandable.

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. This is by far the funniest entry I've ever read.

    And boo to your friend. It was his fault and he knew it!

    ReplyDelete