Sunday, December 21, 2008

The whole universe is willing us to stay together despite the things fate may serve out to us.


1 and a half years ago I purchased this lovely bag from Roger David.
At the wonderful price of $59.95 it seemed appropriate.

I put my books inside you,
drinks in you,
clothes in you,
shoes jammed in,
groceries bursting out,
food put delicately in,
presents cleverly hidden in your canvas-ish folds.

You have witnessed fights with lovers,
you have seen me make love,
you have seen me undress,
you have seen me cry,
but you haven't seen me die.

Anyway, after about 7 months together - we decided to fly up very high into the sky,
cross the ocean and venture into the land of the rising sun.
In this land you had garments of a different kind put in you,
different food,
different smells,
different places
and faces.

Back home we had a smooth run - but we left one university and jumped to another.
It was during the first semester here while studying with a friend in the Starbucks of Swanston st (not Manhattan) that someone took you from me as you sat below me.

She looked a little something like this:


So I ran down the street and found you 30 minutes later dumped on the ground with all your insides pulled out.
The funny thing was, that even though I lost some valuable university text books that night, I was still really relieved that I found you again.

After this incident I realised how fortunate I still was to have you.
Of all the places I had been, you were still there. Somehow.

It has been smooth sailing, until Saturday at 3:30am in the morning when I orally ejaculated all over you and had to put you in the wash.
I took you out and dried you.
But then I looked at you,
and for the first time I saw the hole near the zip,
the part of lining wearing away,
your fading colour,
and I realised it was time,
time for a new bag,
because now you can rest and come out on light trips with me,
because I know you can't take much more.

I will always love you Roger David Bag <3

2 comments:

  1. ah dear, I love that bag too. Put it in a museum so we will always remember the story that you and the bag had gone thru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so poignant. I so agree that you won't throw that bag away.

    ReplyDelete